Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Reflection #11
I have recently seen the movie Avitar. This movie is crazy when it comes to technology. I do not even want to get into the fact that they create alien looking people. My main focus is the actual computer technology they use in the movie. The computer screens are flat and clear basically. You can grab one thing off of a computer and pull it to the computer screen in your hand without having the computers even connected. Everything is done by touch, there is not a mouse or a key board to do typing or navigation. (Many things are now coming out as a touch screen and this is a new advancment. The i-pad for instance). It makes me wonder if technology can actually come up with these types of things. I would not want to say it is impossible, but in my head it just seems like it would be. However, I would not be too surprised if in the future computers just needed to be near enough to each other to send and recieve information instead of hooked up or emailed from one to the other. I can only imagine what this kind of technology would do in schools and the world in general. They joke about robots doing the "undesired" jobs or easy jobs, but it makes you wonder if the time of "The Jetsons" is in our grasp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment