Technology and Education: What Will the Future Bring?
This article was very interesting. It talked about how technology production is going to continue to increase (estimated that the processing speed and power will double every 18 months), and the prices will continue to decrease at rate of 35% a year. So, not only is technology going to keep getting better and better, but it is also going to be more affordable. Expense will no longer be an excuse as to why a school has not Incorporated some of the newest technology. This article also talked about teachers/principles/parents who believe that technology is just a fad right now and it will pass. They believe that children really only need the basics. This is not true, and this article talks about how untrue this thought is. So much of our world is based around technology that if students don't start learning it at a young age they are going to be lost when they get older. For example, I have never used a SmartBoard before this class, I have seen and heard about them, but that is it. If I had grown up using one I would be great with it. I would know all the techniques and short cuts, all the methods and tools. I would know everything about it and I would have just discovered this through use. However, now I have to learn it and it is confusing. I am not used to it and it is a whole new 'concept' to me. Technology is not a fad, it is not going to run its coarse and go away and schools need to accept this and integrate technology to better their students' education. After all, it is about the students, not the educators.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment