Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reflection #6

Evolution of Music Devices

Music devices such as Record player,tape player, Walkman, CD player, MP3 player, IPod, ITouch have evolved so much over the years. I wonder what they will come out with next. I though a Walkman was a great thing. I did not even think anything better could come out. Then came the IPod and its many different versions. I also wonder if CD's will ever be obsolete. Records and tapes are rarely used, since we have CD's and then IPods, but now that we do not need CD's, I wonder why they have not yet disappeared. They are not as popular, but they are still used. I try to imagine what will come next, but I cannot begin to imagine what tech people will When will what we have be good enough? What is not convenient enough about an IPod that would need it to be replaced by something better? Is there anywhere to go after this or is IPod the best it gets? Music isn't even the limit on the ITouch, you can surf the Internet, play games, and even talk on the IPhone version. I love the new technology, but I just wonder when what we have will be good enough.

4 comments:

  1. This is very interesting and you bring up some really good points! The evolution of technology in music is hard to keep up with! Its funny to think how it has changed so much just in our lifetime...I still have tapes and I remember when I got my first walkman! I imagine it is only a short matter of time before something replaces the ipod...or they come out with an even better ipod that is so new and advanced that it hardly resembles the original one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that as a society that we will ever be satisfied with the technology that we have. I think that people will always be trying to push the envelope to make things better, faster, stronger, more convenient. This applies to thigs such as the medical field which are helpful in health and survival as well as things that may seem a little more frivolous such as the evolution of music players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I agree. It is so hard to imagine what they will come up with next! It is hard to keep up with all the new technology that is always coming out. They are fun and helpful but can also be super confusing and complicated to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree! I think that the whole concept of bigger and better will keep pushing people to create the "next best thing." It's hard to imagine, but even in the past few years, there have been so many new evolutionary devices. I'm starting to feel like my laptop is even starting to look old. I really hope that I can be satisfied with the technology that I have access to in the moment, and not always be wishing for the newest item on the market. It's cool how easily accssible music is now though- if you have an ipod, etc. you can pretty much bring music into almost every area of your life!

    ReplyDelete